Traditional Carving and Pounamu Jeweller in NZ
NZ’s greenstone jewellery, often passed down from generation to generation, carries spiritual significance. In modern society, people purchase pieces for themselves and others, and the symbolic nature of each carving plays into the decision.
- Artists carve the stones into different styles, which each take on a different meaning. If you are looking for strength, the Toki is an excellent choice because it represents the energy you desire. If you want a sense of protection, then Tiki will align with your desires because it represents the earth mother and sky father.
- With so much water around New Zealand, it is no wonder that the Hei Matau is a popular choice, as it represents a connection to the sea. When a child is born, a koru, or spiral, representing new life, or the circle of life is a perfect choice.
- No matter what shape one chooses, the stone brings strength to both body and spirit. When you purchase greenstone, the material absorbs both negative and positive energy. When you wear Pounamu it absorbs some of your Mana or essence which creates a beautiful bond between the wearer, the stone and the land it comes from. Washing it every so often in natural water like rivers, lakes and the sea will keep the energy of the stone nice and clean.
What Sets Greenstone Shop Apart Regarding NZ Jade Jewellery?
When looking for something truly unique, our carvings provide you with the best that you can find in our country or anywhere in the world.
- Our artists, most of who work on our site, carve each piece we offer. When the jewellery is complete, we download a picture to our website so you can view the colour, size, and design. Since there is no mass production, you receive a carving that is as unique as you are.
- The vibrant hues of our stones are as green as the landscape of NZ. We source all of our stones from within the country, so you can rest assured that you own a piece as unique as New Zealand.
- We are continually adding to our collection, which you can browse online or upon entering our store. We created an inviting space so that you can relax as you enjoy the stones. We are happy to assist in any way to help you find the perfect piece for your jewellery collection.
About Greenstone Shop
We are passionate about New Zealand jade and believe pounamu is a gift of the heart. Part of our profit goes to the local organisations that protect our native birds and wildlife. We work with stone from our country and in return give back to our country. Please contact us with any questions.
Brighten your or someone else’s life with a carved pounamu gift today.